Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 159: Tree Struck By Lightning/Oven Not Working!

Exercise: An amazingly difficult, yet wonderful time at Spin Class! Burned 598 calories in 45 minutes.

About a week ago, one of our huge oak trees was struck by lightning during a heavy storm. When I arrived home, there were large tree limbs spread throughout the front yard, on the roof of our home, and in the backyard. A large branch high in the tree was splitting as well. Luckily I had decided on going to the grocery store right after work. I became stranded at the grocery store when the storm hit and wasn't home to witness the strike of lightening and to hear the loud explosion sound it left, according to our neighbors. Upon entering our home, I heard annoying beeping coming from our stove/oven and loud beeps coming from the battery backup at the computer. Embarrassed to say, I didn't know where the breakers were since this is a rather new home. Learned they were behind our guest room outside. So I trudged in the rain trying to locate them and turn them off. Couldn't open the box. Listened to the annoying sound for hours until my hubby came home. Turned out we can't figure out what is wrong with our oven, but it won't work. Needs repairing and it is less than a year old! Twice this week I have purchased items from the grocery store that need to be cooked in the oven forgetting that it doesn't work! One item was a box of 4 frozen pizzas! Guess it is a good thing I can't cook it.  : )

Breakfast: 1 egg sandwich on whole grain breads
Lunch: no sugar cocoa in vanilla soy milk, peanut butter sandwich, water
Dinner: lean groud beef meatballs with spices, asparagus, quinoa, side of tomatoes, 1/2 avacado and 1/2 a carrot. Water, small orange



1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your tree! My parents lost a bunch of electronics due to a lightning strike several years ago (and it wasn't even that close to the house!) They lost a tv, answering machine, and a few other things. Lightning can be bad news for all the gizmos in the house! Not much you can do about it, though - I've heard that they can be affected even if they aren't plugged in.

    ReplyDelete