Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 328 Back To School First Day Meal

Exercise: Lots and lots of walking around the school checking on people, running errands, making deliveries, etc. My office is at the far Northside of the school. Wish I had a pedometer with me.

The PTA (Parent Teacher Association) provides the entire staff with a take home frozen meal at the end of the first day. It is a wonderful treat! People are tired and don't have to go home and cook for a family and they have left overs for their lunch tomorrow. It really relieves a great deal of stress. The meal may by absolutely delicious, but it isn't healthy and I guess isn't meant to be. Since Vince found he is allergic to so many things he won't have any due to the cheese, dairy products, chips, dressing, sauce etc. They included a very large brownie in the meal, which I devoured quickly before the meal even made it home. I was so hungry at work today. Better pack more food for myself. Got an instant headache after all the sugar in the GIANT brownie. I know better, but didn't care at that moment. It was quite tasty I might add. My stomach feels totally huge right now and is major poochy after eating all that. I hate that feeling.

The PTA meal feeds a family of 4. Here is the Giant brownie I devoured!

PTA meal: Salad ( I took out the cheese and put olive oil and salt, oregano,
King Ranch Chicken Casserole), water
 Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with spinach leaves, green tea, 1/8 cup of oatmeal with milled flax
Snack: apple, few bites of watermelon, lots of water during the morning
Lunch: sweet potatoes, 1/2 salmon, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots, water
Snack: red grapes, raspberry zinger tea
Snack: Giant brownie
Dinner: Salad and King Ranch Chicken Casserole, water

No comments:

Post a Comment