Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 314 New Recipe With Ancho Chili and Mango

Exercise: If you count gardening.
Worked most of the day at the townhome Vince is going to sell very soon. Planted around the tree and in the front of the house. Ran out to buy mosquito spray and ended up getting an ice-cream sandwich to cool off. Rats!!

Made a new recipe today. Inspired to add plate fulls of more veggies from that video. (see blog couple days ago). Changed up the recipe below a bit. Didn't have fajitas. Had chicken tacos in corn tortilla, but with similar ingredients. Added the ancho pepper (chopped), red bell peppers, mango slices and a little feta cheese with leafy greens all in a taco. The sweet mango and hot pepper went well together.
Ancho Chile Recipe

Dinner: Mango, red bell pepper, ancho chicken corn
tortilla tacos. Salad with similar ingredients along with
tomatoes and sunflower seeds, water
Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, 1/4 cup oatmeal,
green tea.
Lunch: peanut butter sandwich, water
Snack: ice cream sandwich
Snack: Greek plain yogurt with raspberries.
Snack: watermelon slice, few almonds
Dinner: See photo.






That video I mentioned above also inspired me to start making smoothies so I went out and bought items I NEVER buy. Plan to incorporate them in my smoothies starting tomorrow.
I've never bought turnips, cabbage and rutabaga. Never
even eaten them except for cabbage maybe twice!
Can't wait to incorporate them into my diet.

These fruits will add sweetness
to my smoothies.





No comments:

Post a Comment