Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 318 The Power of Leftovers

(Thursday, August 16th) A little behind on the blog this week. I hate when that happens!
Worked very late...no Spin class.  : ( 

I know, I know...No one really like leftovers! If you are on a tight schedule, leftovers is the answer to your prayers. I don't feel as if I have cooked that much this week. Last Sunday I made enough chicken for 3 meals and made 2 extra meals of fish. Froze some. During the week just whip out the meat and pop in the microwave. No waiting around to thaw meat or cook it. Takes 30 minutes off your preparation time! I throw frozen veggies in a container with a little water and put in microwave. Set on "frozen veggies" and they are ready in about 2.5 minutes. Throw the sweet potato in the microwave and set on "potato" and it is ready in about 4 minutes. Throw on a plate and dinner is served! So quick and easy. Fruit for dessert and some water. No fuss meal. Just change up the veggies and starch item each day or add a salad.

There is not much time to cook any grand meals with work and then getting exercise in as much as I do. Vince and I like to eat dinner together so meals are a nice part of our day.
Breakfast: 2 egg tacos with
spinach and mushrooms, frozen
blueberries, green tea

Dinner: broccoli, cauliflower, squash, sweet potato,
chicken, water
Snack: apple, grapes
Lunch: I can't remember, but I think I had fish and veggies, water
Late snack: peanut butter sandwich, water

No comments:

Post a Comment