Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 308 Crack of Dawn Workout Routine/Plan

Exercise: Awoke at 4:11am excited to go to the gym! (went to bed at 9pm). Who am I?? Decided I was insane and stayed in bed until 4:40am. Did weights: arm, back, abs. Walk/Ran only .5 miles. Spin bike for 10 intense minutes. Total 1 hour.

Still trying to get used to this early morning crack of dawn routine. Part of me thinks it is just dumb to be up at 4 something. I'm mean...come on! I am pumped about it though because I totally work out harder and faster in the mornings. I feel like I can't waste any time and every minute counts. If I'm getting up that early, it won't be wasted! Am I getting weird and just can't see it? Fanatical??

Here is my plan. Mon-Wed workout early morning at gym before work. This will help because I'll start tutoring on Mondays after work, have Toastmasters Tues after work and Faculty meetings after work on Wednesday. Thursday I can do spin in the evening or jog at the park. Friday rest or jog at the park. Saturday is a must for the morning Spin class. Sunday is jog at the park or not day.

I'd like to sign up for the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot again, but can't decide to sign up for the 5K or the 10K. Last year I did the 10K just fine, but I am not in "running shape" this year YET! Thanksgiving is a while away so I think I will sign up for the 10K, but I'm going to practice running at the park a bit before I make my decision.

Breakfast: 4:30am 1/2 peanut butter sandwich, water
Second Breakfast: 1 boiled egg in 2 corn tortillas with mixed leafy greens, olive oil and cheese, green tea.
(forgot to eat frozen blueberries today!)
Snacks at work throughout morning: 1 apple, few raw unsalted almonds, 1 carrot, water
Lunch: (not my doing, provided at work) Brisket, salad, potato salad, water
Late Lunch: after work I went to Freebirds becuase I was too hungry to go to the grocery store. Burrito Bowl: rice, chicken, cheese, black beans, peppers, lettuce, tomato, lime juice.
Snack: unsweetened cocoa in rice milk
Dinner: little chicken, broccoli, and red potatoes, water

Hoped to begin to really eat super well after my renagade weekend with fast food!!! Started off the week today eating BRISKET though. My principal was kind and thoughtful enough to cook and bring brisket for her team. There was also potato salad, salad, cookies. Ahhhhhhh. So So So hard to eat healthy when I am surrounded by foods I would not normally choose to eat.

Burrito bowl from Freebirds

Light dinner. Not that hungry after freebirds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment