Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 113: Workout 5:30AM

Exercise: Elliptical machine for 30 minutes.

Tested the waters with an early morning workout at the gym. A whole other world at that time. Dark, delivery trucks, people walking their dogs, cold and creepy...surprised at how packed the gym was. Discovered 5am is too late to wake up. Need to try for 4:30am tomorrow. That just doesn't sound good. I thought I would have more energy, but I'm tired and have a dull headache. I really want it to work so I'll give it another try the rest of the week. I'm tutoring soon 2 times a week after work and seem to have a meeting everyday after work for the next 2 weeks so there just isn't much time for things anymore.

Pros of 5am Workouts: more time to myself and with my hubby after work, can focus on making new recipes, always say I should read a good book or finish knitting my scarf that I've barely touched! (that will never happen!)

Cons: How do I manage to take my lunch that needs refridgeration, organizing clothes, hair products etc, breakfast before the workout and after, hard to get out of bed, go to bed earlier and lose part of the evening.
If I shower at the gym, how do I eat a healthy breakfast that I'm used to? So many things to work through.

Breakfast: scrambled egg with spinach leaves, few sips of green tea, 1/4 cup oatmeal with walnuts
Snack: apple slices
Lunch: salad with canned chicken, tomatoes and cucumbers, almond butter sandwich, water
Snack: no sugar hot chocolate with soy milk
Dinner: 1/2 salmon, 1/2 sweet potato, broccoli, greenbeans and corn, water
Dessert: frozen raspberries and blueberries.
Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment