Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day 357 Frustrated A Bit!

Exercise: None. Toastmasters tonight and had some work to do.

Learning about GMO (Genetically Modifed Foods) bugs me. Seems most foods are bad to eat. It is frustrating  to spend so much money on expensive non GMO items.
I realized today that I have to get rid of the corn tortillas I eat all the time! GMOs! I was irritated at that discovery so I drove to Whataburger last night!! Can you believe that?

Do I just put things in perspective, do my best and go on with life eating GMO foods or do I really make an effort to change again and revamp everything I eat? I started this blog almost a year ago with the intention to be "better/healthier" in one year. Until recently I thought I had accomplished that goal and was proud and happy. Now with this new knowledge of GMOs, I feel I am back to square one....lacking the knowledge of how to eat properly and not eating the proper foods in order to maintain a healthy life-style. I'll figure it out.

My new goal will be to find organic non-GMO foods, organic restaurants, and to make new recipes etc that won't break my budget! Maybe that will be my next blog! Feeling better already.  : )

Here is a new recipe I think I will try. Makes many servings so I like that! I'll leave out the sour cream for sure!!
New Recipe I've been looking for recipes that will make several servings so I can freeze them and eat them later in the week. Trying to get organized better so I don't have to constantly prepare lunches and dinners.

Now eating organic cage free eggs
and drinking vanilla coconut milk.
All Trader Joe's label foods have
no GMOs!  : )

This is why I drink green tea.









Organic flaxseed. Great to add to
your oatmeal or yogurt. Lots of
fiber.

Salad for Dinner

Dinner: wild caught salmon
and sweet potatoes

Love enjoying watermelon as a snack.







Breakfast: organic brown free roaming eggs (should I start raising my own chickens??) LOL, 1/4 cup oatmeal with organic flaxseed and organic vanilla coconut milk, green tea
Snack: banana, low fat cottage cheese, water
Lunch: peanut butter sandwich on organic bread, apple slices, carrot, water
Snack: plum
Dinner: salad, salmon, sweet potato, water
Snack: watermelon

No comments:

Post a Comment