Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 335 Injury From Yesterday : (

Exercise: None (went to the movies instead and shopping for my Mom's b-day present). Still probably had time to exercise to be honest. Rats!

After my 5K run yesterday, I could tell my IT band was strained again. I HATE to admit this, but after running 2.2 miles I began to feel a small pain and didn't stop running. I continued even though it has been a goal of mine to stop at the first sign of pain. I was doing so well following that goal. That is the main reason I have been able to work my way back up this month to the 5K. I ruined it just like that! At 2.2 miles the outer side of my knee began to really hurt. I told myself I was so close to finishing the 3 miles and just didn't care. By 2.8 miles I was pretty much hobbling and kept on hobbling until the machine said 3 miles. Ridiculous! Now I pay for it. Iced it last night and today. Can still bike, but hurts walking in high heels and can't run for sure. Going to try to stay off running for 2 weeks in hopes it will be back to normal. Must be in running shape for the November 3rd Firefly Run 10K!

So sore from doing yesterday's butt blaster machine. Mainly inner thigh soreness. I think the machine is going to work wonders after a few months and I'm excited to use it 2 times per week.

Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, green tea, 1/4 cup oatmeal, frozen blueberries
Snack: raw, unsalted almonds
Lunch: salad with salmon. Salad: mixed leafy greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, red, yellow, orange peppers, fetta cheese, olive oil, spices: oregano and basil, water, side of squash and zucchini
Snack: 1/2 peanut butter sandwich
Snack: orange
Dinner: Movie theater food...yuck! Fried chicken tenders, water.

Lunch

Snack

No comments:

Post a Comment