Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 348 Grocery Store Items: Good or Bad??

Exercise: None. Think I am finally better this evening. My sister told me to take some Advil Congestion medication. My low temp went down to normal, I slept, and woke up feeling better.


Discoverd a DELICIOUS healthy snack today!! I cannot even describe how wonderful it tastes. Are you ready for this....Peas!! Dried crunchy peas with spices. Only problem: don't eat too much or you will pile on the calories. I can't stop eating them!!

 Ingredients: green peas, sunflower
oil, salt, spices:chillies, tumeric, cumin, coriander,
 paprika), sugar (only 1g), vegetable powders.
(may contain traces of almonds,
cashew, sesame, soy and seaweeds).


I wonder if all this Kashi stuff is really good for you.
In my mind, if something comes in a box or bag, it is
processed so who knows what is really in it. It isn't really
"REAL" food. The chocolate ones look so good! I know
granola can really pack on the calories. Are they worth it?
When I read the ingredients, I don't know what half of the items are.




Have you seen this Bear Naked brand? Chocolate
granola! Who wouldn't want that? Again, high calorie
and high fat. My problem with this is that you can't just eat
a tiny handful as suggested. I would eat 1/2 the bag and ruin
the healthiness of it. In fact, at this moment, I feel like I have
eaten half the bag of peas. I can't stop! Should have just
gone to get a Whataburger!!

Now they have Hazelnut milk? Really?
Oat Milk? How many more are there going
to be? I'm not trying to be negative, but are
these really good for you. There is so much sugar
in these products. Why are they in such a little
container and so expensive You can get about
2 cups of milk for $2.89 and that is on sale today.
I think it is a joke. A gallon of 1 % or skim milk used to be that price.

I saw a commercial on T.V. for this Greek Yogurt ice-cream.
It looks good. Noticed way too much sugar though. I guess if
you are going to get ice-cream, this one would be the healthier
choice to get. The containers were way too tiny for the price
so I decided againt it.
Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, 1/4 cup oatmeal, green tea, plum
Snack: unsweetened cocoa in coconut milk
Snack: dried peas
Lunch: canned fajita chicken bean/rice soup, watermelon, butter bread (RATS!)
Snack: too many more dried peas.
Dinner: 2 eggs with calabaza squash, mushrooms, orange bell peppers, green onion, spinach leaves, bok choy all in 2 corn tortillas, water
Snack: more watermelon

Lunch


Snack: Just a few slices


Dinner Ingredients


Dinner: Didn't feel like cooking a full dinner so made breakfast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment