Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 256 Bitter Sweet Day : (

Exercise: Walked 3 miles at Memorial Park with Sherrie this evening.

The Gang!
My favorite 2 weeks of the entire year ended. I worked with the most amazing 5 ladies I've ever met these past 2 weeks. If you have ever had that moment in time where you know something turned your life in a new direction, then you can understand that happened for me these 2 weeks. Let me explain as you wonder how this correlates with a food blog! ha  I'll get to that near the end of the story.

Story goes...5 ladies get together for 2 weeks in a central location to write language arts curriculum for about 10 hours each day. Get the gun right??! So I thought. Being around these ladies made me want to go to work each morning with a smile. I wondered what fun things the day would bring. You see, I usually work in a room all alone. I do get out in classrooms sometimes, but the teachers are busy with the kids. The kids are usually the highlight of my job. It was so wonderful these 2 weeks to feel part of a "teacher" team! To be included in something important. I loved it!

There was one who was our fearless leader. She handled all with grace and positivity. She kept the entire shabang running and always knew what to say in her kind and understanding way. She is so cool!

Then there was another who was just darn cute and reminded me of my little sister. She was funny, outgoing and kept picking on me for some reason.  : ) It was great to be around her young energy! She nearly caught on fire and I saved her. That is another story!

There was the one who used to be a physician. Yep, but the other doctors in her practice were getting kidnapped in Mexico so she and her family had to flee! Now she teaches here. I'm really not making this up. She was strength to me. My life will be different because I saw how she handles situations, works like no one ever before and is so strong willed. Now I think before I act and am on my way to being a stronger person. She makes me want to clean my entire house, do laundry, garden, run a mile and read a book all in one afternoon! That is how she is. 

Another is so sweet and I could see how much she loves her family. She is a worry wart like me, so fun-loving and has really good stories. I can relate to her a lot.

Last, but not least, another one is dealing with many similar issues I dealt with years ago. I wish I could give her the right answers, but it is something she has to experience to learn from and grow from. I know she will come out greater on the other side and will look back on it all as I do, and know she made the right decisions.

This ties into my food blog because these ladies went out to eat with me. We ate so many snacks during the work day and ate at fattening restaurants. I literally feel huge! Started back with Spin class yesterday. Here is just some of the junk I have eaten this past week. I'm horrified.

Ran into a parent of a student I
taught several years ago and she
bought me a fruit tort.


Don't be fooled. This salad has white pasta, fattening dressing,
cheese, chicken salad and tuna with lots of mayonaise. The chili has
all sorts of processed ingredients as well and beef.

Potato soup and salad both have lots of
fattening bacon.

Just down right bad to the bone!

No comments:

Post a Comment