Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 260 Fig Anyone?

Exercise: Walked 3 miles at Memorial Park this morning. Leg really bothering me now.  Ran into a brief light rain shower. Enjoyed the cool unusual 80 degree weather.  

So many plans for this great day today....about to go walking at Memorial Park, buying a roller for my IT band pain and maybe some tank tops for the summer heat : ), learn some more Spanish, pick up all the large "gardening debris" I left in the backyard, water the yard so I can pull more weeds tomorrow, visit my school, do some pilates floor exercises and stretches and work on reading, "The Energy Bus."

Am I the only one who had never eaten a fig? Actually had never ever seen one either. Come on. Figs have been around since Biblical times. Can't believe I'm just now discovering them. My principal offered me a fig today. Another staff member apparently grew them on a tree. I didn't want to eat it because my experience with figs are fig newton cookies (which aren't my fav) and the dried figs Vince eats that have tons of sugar and are too sweet and have a hard texture. The fig my principal offered me was...well, it looked quite ugly and wilty looking. To my surprise, I loved the fruit! I must buy some. Had no idea what I was missing. Apparently they are very healthy for you too. All you need to know about FIGS is a click away.

Breakfast: 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1/2 salmon patty, green tea
Snack: watermelon, peanut butter sandwich on multigrain bread, vanilla soymilk with unsweetened cocoa.
Lunch: hot dog from Costco with mustard, onions and a bit of relish
Snack: bowl of cherries, water, 2 figs.
Dinner: lean ground turkey meat mixed with tomatoes and red bell peppers, bean mixture with corn and onions, water
Snack: Went to Fuzzy's after Toastmasters and shared a Greek salad with Vince, water


watermelon


No comments:

Post a Comment