Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 229: Big Toe Pain!

Get this....I'm sitting here on the couch at 2am (Saturday early morning) because I was awakened by a strange big toe pain out of the blue! This happened last month too and I attributed it to my foot being pushed too far into the foot pedal holders of the Spin bike. This time I didn't Spin though. It happened several months back as well and I attributed it to running that day and figured my shoes were too tight. I didn't run today or yesterday though. I'm miffed. What could it be? Internet searches only share gloom and doom details of Gout, arthritis, Haliux something rather....oh boy. I'm getting paranoid. Could it be what I ate today? Too much sugar in the pizza, brownies and Dr. Pepper? I'll never have a DP again!! I promise! My mind is obviously playing out the worse possible scenarios. Anyone have any ideas?

I learned that Gout is caused by too much uric acid in the body and you can get that by eating high purine foods. Click: Gout Diet. I already do these things so maybe I don't have high uric acid. Don't you love self diagnosing yourself utilizing the internet? All of a sudden you think you have every bizarre disease out there!

Breakfast: green tea, boiled egg, 1/4 cup oatmeal in vanilla soymilk
Lunch: bean patty with lettuce tomato, mustard on a bun, sweet potato fries (fried!), water w/lemon, iced tea
Dinner: broccoli, greenbeans, chicken, quinoa mixed with brown rice, water, 1/2 grapefruit
Snack: unsweetened cocoa in vanilla soy milk with a little vanilla extract.

Dinner


2 comments:

  1. Trish, that is a weird place for a pain! I have gotten some pain in my toes from running but nothing that has kept me up at night. It has since gone away.

    Head to the doctor if it is causing you worry. I tell my husband this, too, as he is resistant to seek medical advice. It may be nothing but not having to worry about it is worth the trip and the copay!

    This article might be of interest:

    http://www.medicaldaily.com/news/20120418/9580/women-google-diagnosis-misdiagnosis-internet.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know....you are right! After taking some ibuprofin it went away in an hour, which was lot fast than the previous time.

    ReplyDelete