Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 89 Flaxmilk, Goat Cheese and 3 Grocery Stores Later

Exercise: Intense 40 minute run on the elliptical machine at Ballys. Burned 425 calories. 10 minute ab workout. Burned 37 calories.  Spin class yesterday was awesome!

Created my grocery list by looking at some healthy recipe books. I'll share some new recipes that I try this week. I was weasled into buying very expensive Flaxmilk to replace my soy milk. I've heard some news about how soy milk is dangerous due to too much estrogen. It seems like just about everything is bad these days. So I'll try this FlaxMilk, but I can't affort to pay $12.00 per six 32 ounce containers. I feel swindled! What was I thinking?? (pic below)

Needed goat cheese and BBQ sauce for my turkey meatloaf tonight. The BBQ sauce must not have corn syrup. Finally found one brand sweetened with brown sugar instead of corn syrup. I went to several grocery stores and found no goat cheese. Really should have gone to Whole Foods Market, but it was really out of the way. Substituting fetta cheese for goat cheese. I read that very few brands are actually made from goat's milk. Some are made from sheep and cow depending on the brand. Too hungry to care right now.

New recipe for tonight: Turkey Meat Loaf (as seen on the Today Show). Mix turkey meat (I'm guessing a pound), 2 ounces of goat cheese and a little BBQ sauce. I put about an 1/8 cup. May need more. Not sure.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. I'll let you know if that works out okay.

Breakfast: 2 left over Christmas tamales. Trying to get rid of them. 2 more left. Green tea.
Lunch: No time to cook. 1 corn tortilla with fajita chicken left over from yesterday. Mixed greens also in the chicken taco. No sugar hot chocolate with soy milk. (soy milk is 100 calories per cup).
Snack: one delicious chocolate almond cluster candy from samples at Costco.
Raspberries with 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
Dinner: Turkey meatloaf, zuccini, salad, red potatoes
Dessert: 2 slices of watermelon



Only 50 calories per cup vs. 100 in soy milk per cup
30% calcium in both.
Extra lean turkeyloaf, zuccini,
red potatoes with olive oil and
parsley, mixed greens with tomatoes
  

No comments:

Post a Comment