Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 60: Worms In the Cereal

Enjoyed a wonderful 3 mile run at Memorial Park this evening! Cool breezes...love it! I'm starting to sprint now to increase my time. Plan to start increasing my run/walks to at least 4-5 miles for a while.

Today makes 2 months of my blog. I'm reflecting back on the past 60 days. Only 10 more months until I'm supposed to be a "changed" person. I better step it up!

Went to Costco today and bought out of the ordinary items.
Pears
Blueberries
CEREAL

I'm growing tired of corn tortillas and boilded eggs so I bought cereal. It is EXTREMELY rare that I eat cereal. At one point I refused to eat it for 6 years. After that I attemped to eat it once or twice.

The CEREAL STORY: 10 years ago I was at a teacher workshop that involved using live meal worms.
I adore science, but am a bit squeemish when it comes to ugly worms that turn into large black beetles.
My worm disappeard only to be found in my purse later! I was disgusted!
I learned that meal worms are common place in the vats that store our grain. Grain is in cereal. After dealing with the worms and knowing we are eating tiny pieces of ground up worms in our cereals I was horrified. Just couldn't get over it. In fact, now that I am reliving the scenario, I'm having second thoughts of eating my new cereal tomorrow morning. I'll give it a shot though.

I'll attempt this cereal
tomorrow. It is supposed
to have lots of protein and
fiber. Hopefully no worms!

Breakfast: Running very late...one boiled egg, sip of green tea
Snack: At another campus meeting today...2 bite size muffins, lots of water
Lunch: Provided by school...Jason's Deli chicken salad wrap, blue corn chips, bit of salsa.
Dinner: Soup from yesterday: lentils, celery, green beans, corn etc., pear, water

My Second Dinner very late: 9pm
Gross super salty soy meat stuff,
quinoa, asparagus, 1/2 avacado

No comments:

Post a Comment