Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 71 Ran Anyway!!! Hurt Again...RATS!

Many of you know I am supposed to wait a couple weeks before I run again due to my knee injury. The waiting is sheer torture! It felt good for an entire week. The elliptical was getting old. I needed the rush of THE RUN! So it happened. I crept up on the treadmill with the intention to fast walk. Ever so slowly, my mind began toying with the idea of just jogging slightly...sort of jogging or something rather. My legs began to run without my approval!

11 minutes into the run and it was all over. The same "outside knee issue" returned with a vengence! Downhill from there. Sad.   : (  Hobbled down the stairs and went home. Fine now. I just don't get it. Why am I having this knee pain.

Realization: Upon analyzing my Cardo App. I noticed I burned so many more calories in November than in December, yet I am at the gym more often. Apparently, I burned more than double by running at the 3 mile park than lifting weights and playing around with the treadmill. I miss the park. I miss those runs. Will I ever return?

I'm done with the desserts! If I can't run for a while, I'm stepping up my diet! I really have been cheating often lately.

Why all the concern you ask? Well, I had lost 6 pounds only to wake up this morning and discover I gained 2 pounds back! Rats!

Breakfast: 2 corn tortillas, one boiled egg, green tea
Snack: some crackers a friend gave me (about 1/2 a sandwich baggy full)
Lunch: Little bit of sweet potatoes, 1/4 of chicken breast, almond butter sandwich, water
Sanck: Pear
Snack: sugar free hotchocolate with vanilla soy milk
Dinner: chicken tacos, spinach leaves, low carb tortillas, tomato, fetta cheese, carrot on the side.

2 comments:

  1. Do spin class!!! It's the best. Whenever I'm injured, I turn to spin. You can burn up to 600 cals an hour if you work hard.

    You'll run again but you must rest. Ive been running for 18 years - I know this kind of stuff.

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! I remember trying a spin class years ago and it wore me out! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete