Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 201: Looking For Exercise Bikes

Exercise: Saturday Spin class for 50 minutes. Burned 664 calories. A friend told me today that a great spin workout can be compared to running about 7 miles! Whoa! Seems right to me. I burn 100 calories per mile when I run. Pretty amazing.

Priced some spin bikes today with my buddy Sandia. She is in need of a recumbent bike to help get her knee back in shape. Visted Academy. Saw various models of exercise bikes. Have wanted a Spin bike myself, but after seeing one at the stores I've had second thoughts. The store models are not as sturdy as the gym models. Sure wouldn't be as fun riding a spin bike alone at home anyway. Part of the fun is trying to keep up with the bike fanatics who are more advanced than myself and the loud, motivating music at the gym is a plus.

Later, Sandia and I gorged ourselves at Papasitos! We were celebrating her belated birthday after all so gorging was allowed.  : ) Click Papasitos.


Baja Fish Tacos from Papasito's Mexican Restaurant.
Corn tortillas (which I didn't eat), grilled fish with purple lettuce,
rice and beans, water
 Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with green onion and kale, 1/4 cup oatmeal, peach tea
Snack: unsweetened cocoa in vanilla soy milk
Lunch: see photo
Dinner: TBA

No comments:

Post a Comment