Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 186 Healthy Snacks At Meeting!/ Dr. Pepper Temptation No More!!!

Exercise: None

Wooohooo! So I presented at a 4th grade staff development and we offered HEALTHY snacks for people. They had a choice to choose fruit or crackers/cookies that were not healthy. Fruit consisted of bananas, red grapes and strawberries.


Today was such an "off" day. Really got off the healthy wagon. Ate my lunch in the morning. Knew I had to pick up something after my lunchtime presentation or I would never make it through the later afternoon presentation. Drove down I 10. On the corner was Whataburger and Subway. Chose Whataburger ,my usual choice for a fast food pick. Grew up in Corpus Christi, which is the home of Whataburger. Seems there was a Whataburger on almost every corner. Maybe eating a Whataburger subconsciously brings back fun childhood memories. Good and Amazing News: As I waiting in the "drive-thru line at Whataburger, I had no desire to order a Dr. Pepper! I couldn't believe it. I thought about it. Questioned myself, "Do I want a DP? Why don't I want a DP? Is this really happening?" I remembered the last few time I had one and how I didn't like it and only took a few sips. I think it has finally happened!!!. It took 186 days to relieve myself from the infamous Dr. Pepper cravings! Later that evening, my hubby asked me to eat at the Spicey Pickle with him. He of course ate a healthy salad and soup. I can't do that when I'm at a restaurant. That is why I try not to go to too many restaurants. We even had plans to get a fun dessert at Starbucks afterward, but I was just too stuffed. I did have a taste of his gross jelly pastry from La Madeline later. Hate fruit or jellies in bread. Another revelation: I usually LOVE Starbucks hot chocolate. Been a while since I had one. Had trouble drinking it. Tasted soooo sweet. I think I am starting to not enjoy items with too much sugar (except for dark chocolate or chocolate candies!) I wonder how long it will take me to lose the taste for those. NEVER I suspect!
Breakfast: one boiled egg in 2 corn tortillas with mixed greens, green tea
Snack: apple slices, one banana, some grapes, peanut butter sandwich
LATE Lunch: The infamous Whataburger with cheese on the way back to work from my meeting!
Snack: bitesize Babyruth candy at the teacher training.
Dinner: Spicey Pickle Restaurant. Loaded baked potato soup with tons of calories! 1/2 a turkey, cheese sandwich on a giant white roll, bite of Vince's jelly pastry.
Snack: Hot chocolate from Starbucks

No comments:

Post a Comment