Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 197: 1/2 Way To My Goal (VIDEO My Progress)

I can't believe it! Still going strong with the blog at my half birthday. October 16th is my birthday, but I began the blog on October 1st. I had just turned 41 and carried some extra weight. Couldn't run far and wasn't active. Time seemed to get away from me. Ate fast food at times. Not cooking healthy meals. Feeling old, yet knew I was still YOUNG! Refused to let age set in. Decided to make a change! Remember, my goal on Day 1 of my blog was to see where I would be health wise in a year and to transform myself into a healthy person that eats well and exercises. I was ready for a life-style change. Let's check out my very first blog: Day 1 below with huge aspirations.

Day 1:
The GOAL: Spend each day doing something that leads to better health. 
                                    Exercise EVERYDAY and eat well. 
                                          Not sure if this is possible!

Isn't that the infamous saying! "I'll start TOMORROW!" I begin my transformation tomorrow after just eating fajitas, tortillas with butter (my fav!) and drinking Dr Pepper (also my fav!). This will be a huge challenge.

I'll be 41 in a couple weeks. What will 42 look like? Will this year of blogging to good health change my life? This blog will be my daily journey to a better me...a healthier me in mind and body. Come along and join me in this transformation. You can do it too!
_______________________________________________
Now it is Day 197.  Here is a video of my progress up to date.





 
Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs mixed with kale and green onions, 1/4 cup of oatmeal (not instant), frozen blueberries, green tea.
Snack: cheddar cheese crackers. Rats! From a meeting with teachers.
Lunch: salad: lettuce, tomatoes, red onions. Chicken with rosemary, red potatoes, small orange
Snack: plain Greek yogurt with organic strawberries, raw, unsalted almonds
Dinner: Celebrated my 1/2 b-day. Chuy's again. 2 chicken fajita tortilla tacos with guacamole, sour cream, (yes, can you believe that one?), pico de gallo, queso with corn chips, beans, rice, water and about 3 bites of white cake. Chuy's was celebrating their 30th b-day and gave customers cake.  : ) Pretty darn full after that meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment