Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 182 Chocolate Almond Milk

Exercise: Ran at Memorial Park. Burned 321 calories. Walked/Ran 3 miles (mostly ran).

What can be better than chocolate milk right? How about chocolate milk that is good for you?! Try chocolate almond milk. I would prefer the "light" or low fat, but was unable to find it at Krogers at the time. Now it does have some sugar and that may be why I've heard that the soy milk products aren't always the best for you. Depends why you are selecting them. I selected it because I want to ensure I am getting more calcium. It has 45% calcium. Only 1% protein so you can't get your protein there. Be sure not to drink too much or the calories will add up.

Tasty!

Nutritional Facts

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs in 1 corn tortilla, green tea
Snack: few almonds, apple slices (pretty darn full!)
Lunch: salmon, broccoli, plain Greek yogurt, 2 m&ms and 4 crackers
Snack: cheesestick, tomatoes and cucumbers
Snack later: very few almonds and a spoonful of peanut butter
Dinner: cereal before dinner. 1/2 salmon for dinner. Part of the dark chocolate Easter bunny.
Felt a lot less hungry today! The change was the almonds in the morning and the cheesestick in the afternoon. I'm off to my afternoon tutoring session without starving for once.

1 comment:

  1. Yay protein! Glad it worked - it's no fun to be hungry all the time!

    ReplyDelete