Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 188 The Enemy!

Exercise Today: About to go to Spin class this Saturday morning. Must tell you about yesterday's workout.

Vince and I went to Ballys to begin our new weight workout program (doing this ourselves and not with a trainer). Ran on the tredmill afterward. Was embarrassed to mention my  previous running time, but here it goes...I used to run at a speed of 4.6 on the tredmill. My sister (who is an avid marathon and 1/2 marathon runner), would ask, "Are you sure you are running at that speed?" HA! Well, I guess I was jogging. Yes, I know many people can walk at that speed! : )  A year ago I couldn't run an 1/8 of a mile without getting out of breath and without my legs getting tingly and numb so by running at 4.6, believe me, I had come a LONG way. Stepped it up last week and learned I could run at 5.0.

Challenged myself at yesterday's run. Ran mile 1 at 5.0 speed. Mile 2 at 5.2 (still suprisingly running with ease and enjoying it). Then I set it at 5.5 just to see if I could run one lap. I ran the entire 3rd mile at 5.5!! Was so excited and shocked! It became difficult at 5.5. I know I wouldn't be able to talk while running at that speed. Even had a bit of trouble swallowing and my head felt hot, but I really wanted to finish. When I stepped off the tredmill it felt as if I was walking on air. May have overdone it just a bit, but I feel great this morning. No soreness. Plan to try to run at 5.5 for a while and then step it up again. My little sister runs at 6.8!! Go Sissy!

The ENEMY!
After my run, I ate a wonderful salad for dinner. My hubby grabbed what I call "hurricane food." You know..those packaged orange crackers and cookies you eat during a huricane when all your electricity is out and there is nothing else to eat after day 3? I wanted some! We never buy things like that because I WILL eat them. So I endulged in the ENEMY (packaged foods with labels!) Not one package, but 2 packages. I worked hard running earlier only to pack on all those calories and even more! What a waste!!
Enemy calories:
Orange crackers: 240!
Oreo cookies: 140
Total: Extra 380 calories I could have avoided!


The ENEMY: Packaged foods with labels!
 Breakfast: corn tortillas with boiled eggs, green tea
Snack: 1/2 grapefruit
Lunch: peanut butter sandwich, water
Snack: organic strawberries in plain yogurt with blue agave as a sweetner and a few almonds
Late Afternoon Dinner: Salad with sun-dried tomatoes, 1/2 a carrot, 1/2 salmon served on top of mixed greens.
Late Outing: Niko-Niko's Green Restaurant: Gyro with lamb/beef, cucumber sauce, tomatoes, and tons of rice. Couple bites of a brownie.

Vince and I get coupons for free food from what we Recycle at home. You earn points for the amount you recycle. Then once a month we can "cash in" those points online for coupons. Vince likes to get the Niko Niko coupons once a month because he knows I like that place. We decided we might go there once a month. Pre-meditated unhealthy eating choice!
Strawberry/Yogurt snack


Breakfast


No comments:

Post a Comment