Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 301: The Scoop On Sugars!

Exercise: Ran 2 miles at the gym.

What's all the hoopla about sugar substitutes lately? I never add sugar to anything. In fact I have never owned a bag or container of sugar in my life at my home that is. I did have sugar at work many years ago, but that was for science experiments!  : )

Been hearing a lot lately that sugar is the silent killer and causes all sorts of havoc to the body. I'm sure over consumption does so I really try hard to stay away from sweats as best I can. I love sweats and crave them at times. Those times being when I don't eat healthy real foods or not enough food.

Just some of the sugar substitutes
I see at the grocery store. What
REALLY are these and what can
they do to your body. If they aren't
sugar then what are they?
 Sugar substitues:
Xylitol
Stevia
Aspartame- I never eat this if I am aware of it. It is in diet cokes, some yogurts etc. Some say it causes cancer, headaches and brittle bones. You can search on your own. I have negative opinions of it.
Splenda
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and have no more knowledge about sugar substitues than what I read on the internet websites. I do not claim these sites to be truth. I find them interesting and learn from some.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs mixed with mushrooms, zucchini, orange bell pepper. Frozen blueberries, green tea.
Snack: apple slices, few raw, unsalted almonds, water
Lunch: peanut butter sandwich, plain Greek yogurt, plum, water
Second Lunch: a tuna sandwich from Subway with cheese, spinach leaves, tomatoes, cumumbers, olives, red onion, oil and vinegar, water
Dinner: Salad with tomatoes, fetta cheese, orange bell pepper, salmon, salt and pepper, side of broccoli, snowpeas and corn. Water
Snack: organic strawberries soon.



Did you know many different foods that you many not think of have hidden sugars.
Food with hidden sugars.  See more foods.



During my lunch time, instead of eating, I was able to get away
and run 2 quick miles at the gym in about 20 minutes.  Ate
later while working at my computer. So hungry after the workout
that I had to get this sandwich later. I think the run at noon make
me extra hungry.


Shop healthy and you will
eat healthy!!


Check this out. All the more expensive pasta sauces have
a lot more sugar than the geneic cheap version. Who knew?


I found this brand to only have 3 grams
of sugar. The best offered at Krogers.
I guess the healthiest would be to make
your own tomato sauce from scratch.


No comments:

Post a Comment