Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 294 Back To Work Today & Excedrin Issue!!

Exercise: Ran close to 2 miles and walked 1 mile at the gym.

Back to work today after a month off. So excited to see my friends today, although my day consisted of 3 meetings and getting caught in a heavy rain storm far from my car with no umbrella, which caused me to have to go home and dry off! Had a meeting during lunch so didn't get a "real" lunch. Did take a peanut butter sandwich, but it just wasn't enough. Instant headache. Didn't have my usual morning snack either. By 3:30pm I was still at another meeting and starving! Worked from home the last hour of the day since I was drenched!

Took an Excedrin Migrane for my headache. Didn't work so I quickly took another. There is caffeine in Excedrin. Oh boy....let me tell you what happened. It was 6pm. Only had time to eat some soup. Headache went away quickly, but I felt jittery and wanted to move around. Was talking very fast and couldn't stop. Felt pumped up. Enormous energy burst. I still feel uncomfortable and it is after 9pm. At 7pm I couldn't stand it and went to the gym. Just kept running with no sense of getting tired. Wanted to run, run, and run. Made myself stop at 2 miles because I didn't want to get injured. Still working my way up to higher mileage slowly. Never again will I take 2 extra strength Excedrin. I doubt I'll be going to sleep anytime soon, which is bad since I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night. Oh well. Live and learn.

Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, 1/4 cup oatmeal, frozen blueberries, green tea
Snack: some grape tomatoes, water
Snack: Large fruity, spicey muffin, watermelon and cantaloupe slice offered to us at work!
Lunch: peanut butter sandwich
Dinner: sprouted bean soup with veggies and chicken and wontons.
Dinner again: 1/2 salmon on a bed of leafy greens, tomatoes, pineapple before my run, water
Later Dinner: hungry after my run: 2 egg rolls and some strawberries, water




No comments:

Post a Comment