Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 299: Habanero Pepper Fish Recipe

Exercise: Gym. Walked 1 mile. Ran .25 mile and had a sudden slight pain in my ankle. Stopped. Spin bike for 25 minutes. Always a great workout on the spin bike!

Lunch/Dinner
Noticed all the great chilies and peppers at the grocery store. Have no idea how to cook with them. They all looked so great so I spontaneously bought a few kinds with no plan of what to do with them.

Found a great habanero pepper recipe and made it for lunch. Hot! Must have put too many peppers in. I like the kick it added to my fish. It is a must try. Recipe Here. I made the Habanero Salsa and poured it over the fish.

Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, 1/4 cup oatmeal, frozen blueberries, green tea, vanilla soymilk with unsweetend cocoa
Snack: peanut butter sandwich, water
Lunch/Dinner: fish, bell peppers, red potatoes with basil and rosemary, green beans, corn, salsa with habanero pepper, onion, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, cilantro, parsely, salt, olive oil.
Snack: TBA




Will make more recipes this week (hopefully).
 Here are the peppers I have. The dark ones are ancho peppers. I remember hearing about them on a cooking show so I bought them. Ancho Peppers  I learned they are green poblano peppers, but dried. So now I know that is what Vince ate in yesterdays restaurant meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment