Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 366 Last Day of the Journey to Better Health Blog

After reading this blog check out my new 2013 blog. www.eattogetfit.blogspot.com

I'd like to first say thank you to my wonderful husband who has supported me through this entire year of blogging! Yes, it has taken up some of our time most nights. He has been a positive and willing participant in all the videos and picture taking. I asked him once why he doesn't often read my blog and his comment was, "Because I live it." So true. Thank you Vince for being such a great sport for 366 days! Thank you for being the one to teach me to eat better. Thank you for all the healthy meals you cook for me sometimes. You inspired me to live a healthier life-style. I love you!

When I started one year ago, I knew I wanted a change! I was ready. I wanted to be 42 and healthy. 42 is just around the corner and I'm healthy! Some people laughed and still do at the fact that I have this blog. They don't understand the meaning it has in my life. This blog changed my life. I am no longer the same person as a year ago! I am stronger, more confident, have more energy, better hair and nails, eat vegetables now, don't drink or even crave Dr. Pepper (huge success!), have run a 5 and 10K non-stop (amazing!), no longer get moody, enjoy cooking recipes, seek out organic and good foods and so much more. Exercise and eating healthy is not longer a struggle. It is a huge part of who I am.

Here is my last video: (be sure to scroll all the way down)


Breakfast: organic, cage free eggs with organic spinach.
Also had 1/4 cup oatmeal with flaxseed and organic
frozen blueberries.

Snacks for the day. Don't like bananas,
but can eat them if I am very hungry.
Didn't eat the apple after all.

Didn't cook dinner last night so I had no lunch made.
Vince picked up Quizno's for me and took it to me for lunch.

Dinner: chicken, black beans, green beans and broccoli, salad
with carrot, tomatoes, avacado, red onion, feta cheese, spinach leaves, water

Halloween decor in the neighbor's yard. LOL
I have some of my favorite posts that either make me laugh or are memorable:

**All time favorite posts: Day 275-290: Road Trip Across America (July Posts)
Day 14: Kayaking (October Post)
Day 16: Exercising 
Day 28: Funeral: First Time to Run 4 Miles Ever
Day 53 Turkey Trot (November Post)
Day 129 Car Fire (February Post)
Day 197: 1/2 way point in blog (April Post)
Day 218: Video of Spin Class (May Post) (Spin changed the shape of my legs!)
Day 237: Corpus Christi Visit (May Post)
Day 266: Vince's Ugly Birthday Cake (June Post)

I also enjoyed making the recipe videos and the exercise videos. Yes! I know how corny they all are. 
How do you stop doing something you so enjoy? Sniff. It will be strange to not blog tomorrow. 
I truly hope my blog has inspired you to get healthy too. You CAN do it! Make the change now! I will never quit striving to be healthy. 
Signing off people. Thanks for reading.  : )
Trish Schappell 

PS. Here is my very first blog post back in 2011: I DID IT!!  : )

October 1: Starting Tomorrow

The GOAL: Spend each day doing something that leads to better health.
                                    Exercise EVERYDAY and eat well.
                                          Not sure if this is possible!


Isn't that the infamous saying! "I'll start TOMORROW!" I begin my transformation tomorrow after just eating fajitas, tortillas with butter (my fav!) and drinking Dr Pepper (also my fav!). This will be a huge challenge.


I'll be 41 in a couple weeks. What will 42 look like? Will this year of blogging to good health change my life? This blog will be my daily journey to a better me...a healthier me in mind and body. Come along and join me in this transformation. You can do it too! 

4 comments:

  1. YOU DID IT!!! To do anything every day for an entire year takes unbelievable discipline. YOU ROCK! Plus, I am speechless when it comes to the elimination of the Dr Pepper and Whataburger runs. That says a lot. It shows that your body and mind has truly changed. I love you no matter but love you more that you made the decision to change your life for the better. This was a step by step journey that you took with one giant step outcome. Truly inspirational!

    Love,

    Vince

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thanks Vince.
    Here I am this morning still reading my blog. I even took pics of my breakfast just in case I need them. Felt weird not to. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your year, Trish! I have enjoyed reading your blog and will miss it, too. Thank you for sharing this part of your life with us. :-)

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kimberly!
    I'm excited to report I discovered a kickboxing class studio and will most likely join, but I need to check it out. It is a REAL kickboxing place where you get your own boxing gloves and there are real kickboxing trainers. Supposed to build lean muscle mass. Excited to start something new and get some results!

    ReplyDelete